Monday, January 16, 2012

Praying Virtues for Your Children Daily

When we lived in The Woodlands, we were introduced to a wonderful concept at Faith Bible Church of little index cards for each day of the month that help you pray for the character development of your children. Each card contained a virtue, short prayer, and scripture reference. This last Christmas we made a special homemade present for my sister by creating a set of these prayer cards for her illustrated by my older son.


They are so very precious that I have to share them!


Day 1 - Salvation


Lord, I pray that my child would obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:10




Day 2 - God’s Grace


I pray that my child may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 3:18




Day 3 - Love


Father, grant that my child would learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who lives in him.
Ephesians 5:2


Day 4 - Integrity


Lord, may integrity and uprightness protect my child because his hope is in You.
Psalm 25:21


Day 5 - Self Control


Father, help my child not be like many others, but to be alert and self-controlled in all he does.
1 Thess. 5:6


Day 6 - Love for God’s Word


Lord, may my child regard Your Word as more precious than gold and sweeter than honey.
Psalm 19:10


Day 7 - Justice


God, help my child to love justice as You do and to act justly in all he does.
Psalm 11:7 & Micah 6:8


Day 8 - Mercy


Oh Father, grant that my child would be full of mercy and compassion as You are Lord.
James 5:11


Day 9 - Respect


Lord, help my child to show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands.
1 Peter 2:17


Day 10 - Self Esteem


God, help my child develop a strong self esteem rooted in the realization that they are Your workmanship.
Ephesians 2:10


Day 11 - Faithfulness


Let faithfulness never leave my child, but bind this virtue around his neck.


Day 12 - Courage

Lord, may my child always be strong and courageous in his character and his actions.
Deut. 31:6

Day 13 - Purity

Create in my child a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in his life.
Psalm 51:10

Day 14 - Kindness

Father, I pray that my child would be kind to himself, to his family, and to everyone else.
1 Thess. 5:15

Day 15 - Generosity

Lord, I pray my child would be rich in good deeds, generous and willing to share. 
1 Timothy 6:18

Day 16 - Peace Loving

Father God, help my child make every effort to do what leads to peace.
Romans 14:19

Day 17 - Joy

Heavenly Father, grant that my child would be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.
1 Thess. 1:6

Day 18 - Perseverance

Lord, teach my child to persevere in all he does, and to help him run with perseverance the race set before him.
Hebrews 12:1


Day 19 - Humility

God, please cultivate in my child the ability to show true humility toward all.
Titus 3:2

Day 20 - Compassion

Holy Father, I pray that You would clothe my child with the virtue of compassion.
Colossians 3:12

Day 21 - Responsibility

Lord, grant that my child would learn to be responsible. For each one should carry his own load.
Galations 6:5

Day 22 - Contentment

Father, teach my child the secret of being content in every situation, through Him who gives him strength.
Philippians 4:12-13

Day 23 - Faith

Lord, help my child to fight the good fight of faith, taking hold of the eternal life to which he was called.
1 Timothy 6:12

Day 24 - A Servant’s Heart

God, help my child to develop a servant’s heart, that he may serve wholeheartedly.
Ephesians 6:7

Day 25 - Hope

God of hope, grant that my child may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Day 26 - Patience


God, strengthen my child with Your power, so that he may have great endurance and patience.
Colossians 1:11

Day 27 - Passion for the Lord


Lord, I pray my child’s soul would pant for You as the deer pants for streams of water. 
Psalm 42:1

Day 28 - Wisdom

Father, I pray my child would ask and that You would generously give wisdom to him as You promise.  
James 1:5

Day 29 - Prayerfulness

I ask that my child would be committed to prayer and not faint, lose heart or give up.
Luke 18:1

Day 30 - Gratitude


Lord, help my child to live a life overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks.
Ephesians 5:20

Day 31 - Boldness


I pray that my child would fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel of Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 6:19

1 comment: